Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer – 6 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 31924||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 07/30/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist in our New York, NY office. As the successful candidate, you will have 6-10 years of environmental consulting experience conducting Phase I’s/Phase II’s, drilling supervision, sampling, well installation, construction/remediation oversight, report and work plan writing. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, be self-motivated, exhibit leadership qualities, and possess excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering or Geology (Master degree a plus);
- FE/EIT certification or professional licensure for engineers;
- 6 to 10 years of related local (New York State and/or New York City) environmental experience with knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations a must;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction, work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications and reports;
- Strong communication and report writing skills;
- Working knowledge of computers and AutoCAD design software, GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer