Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer – Entry Level to 4 Years Experience
|ID: 32641||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 11/25/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist with 0 to 4 years of professional work experience for our New York, NY office. As the successful candidate, you will have a positive, can-do attitude in performing: environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; drilling supervision; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geology (Masters preferred);
- FE/EIT certification working toward professional licensure for engineers preferred;
- Related local (New York State and/or New York City) environmental experience with a knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations preferred;
- Knowledge of groundwater flow and LNAPL / DNAPL behavior preferred;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications, and reports;
- Working knowledge of computers and AutoCAD design software; GIS a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer