Environmental Scientist or Engineer with Contaminated Sediments Focus – Entry to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 32245||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 07/30/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist or Engineer with Contaminated Sediments Focus in our Warrington, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in helping us further develop our Sediment Remediation Practice. This position will involve working with our professionals in Risk Assessment, Site Investigation, and Remedial Technology. You will be mentored by a nationally recognized senior sediment expert. Duties will include but are not limited to: conducting sediment, pore water and surface water sampling and assessments, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, remedial design, and remediation oversight and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline (Advanced degree preferred);
- Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential;
- Technical strengths in chemistry, biology, geology, physical processes, and engineering are preferred;
- Hands-on experience working on complicated sediment projects for research, regulatory, or industrial clients preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of EPA, NJ and PA environmental regulations;
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification desired;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field, although typical field work will be less;
- Possess reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; GIS modeling and mapping experience preferred; advanced statistical experience a bonus; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer