Environmental Scientist or Hydrogeologist – 2 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 32254||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 08/05/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening in our Center City Philadelphia, PA office for an Environmental Scientist or Hydrogeologist with 2 to 5 years of experience in environmental consulting or related government or laboratory setting experience. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil, groundwater, and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; laboratory quality assurance; data management, processing and evaluation; environmental due diligence; and report preparation. Knowledge of topics such as contaminant fate and transport, environmental regulations, hazardous waste operations, field methods, environmental chemistry and geochemistry, risk assessment and analysis, and statistics is a plus. In addition, a strong technical education, collaborative professional demeanor, and the ambition to learn and grow in your career are essential. Our work is challenging and diverse and requires a highly engaged self-starter with a passion for learning and a keen attention to technical details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Chemistry or Geochemistry (Master’s a plus);
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement collaborative projects is required;
- Field experience related to environmental testing and/or observations is desired;
- Office experience with databases, technical report writing, scheduling, and lab coordination a plus;
- Chemistry quality assurance and analysis experience in data validation, quality assurance program development, analytical method evaluation, and environmental forensic is desired;
- Coursework or knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA and All Appropriate Inquiry regulations a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site locations; and,
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer