Field Technician – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 31681||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 03/12/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for an Environmental Field Technician in our New York, NY office. The successful candidate will perform field and office work to support the Environmental discipline.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related field preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Construction-related experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and GIS a plus;
- OSHA 10 or 40 hour HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Ability to inspect troubleshoot defects in equipment or materials;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Candidates must be able to spend most of their working time in the field throughout the year, including during inclement weather.
- Conduct air monitoring using basic field instruments;
- Operate and maintain various remedial systems;
- Assemble temporary remediation systems for injection and treatment; inspect and troubleshoot systems as necessary;
- Perform routine LNAPL monitoring;
- Collect water samples and perform data entry tasks;
- Maintain field equipment, troubleshoot as necessary; and,
- Perform other duties as requested.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer