Geologist – Entry to 2 Years Experience
|ID: 32279||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 08/20/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Geologist with up to 2 years of experience in our San Francisco, CA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in the planning and execution of field investigations, monitoring foundation and earthwork construction, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, and preparing logs and reports. In addition, a professional demeanor and desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology;
- Entry to two years of related work experience in the field of geology and/or engineering geology. Entry level candidates should possess related internship experience;
- GIT license preferred, but not required;
- Must have strong field mapping skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Candidates must be able to work in the field up to approximately 70% of the time with required lifting and moderately strenuous activity;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as well as overnight travel.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer