GeoStructural Engineer – 5 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 30401||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a GeoStructural Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience in our Parsippany, NJ corporate headquarters. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop effective, attractive structural design solutions for unique situations in support of the geotechnical engineering group. You will also support site/civil and landscape architectural groups. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including but not limited to development and management of his or her group, client interaction and business development, and much more!
Typical geostructural analysis and design support for geotechnical projects includes: support of excavation, underpinning, bulkheads, slope stabilization, utility support, ground-improvement, shallow and deep foundations, earth-retaining structures and grouting programs. Typical geostructural engineering for the site/civil engineering and landscape architecture projects include reinforced-concrete design of site structures such as retaining walls, stairs, ramps, pavements, rooftops and specialty site and landscape structures; loading calculations for fences and railings; footing and foundation design for site lighting, fences, bollards and site furnishings, stone and masonry-clad walls, decking and boardwalks; and design of other concrete, steel and timber construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural or Geotechnical focus from an ABET-accredited university; Master’s degree is a plus;
- 5 to 10 years of geostructural experience in New York City;
- New York Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain the license immediately;
- Ability to design support of excavation and underpinning details and documents from concept through completion;
- Proficiency with soil and rock mechanics, soil-structure interaction analysis and design, numerical modeling and analysis, and ASD and LRFD methodologies;
- Solid understanding of building codes that guide geotechnical, site/civil, and landscape architecture design and construction, along with practical knowledge about traditional and innovative materials and finishes;
- Software proficiency in: Plaxis 2D and SAP 2000 or STAAD; Experience with Plaxis 3D a plus;
- Willingness to perform field work as needed; experience with support of excavation construction oversight a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff, co-workers, management and clients;
- Strong technical skills, analytical ability and attention to detail;
- Effective time-management skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to travel, along with a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer