Geotechnical Engineer – 2 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 35564||Location: Santa Barbara, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/18/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer – 2 to 5 Years Experience in our Santa Barbara, CA office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in the heavy civil, residential, and retail/warehouse markets. You will assist with staff training and coordination, preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidate must be able to work effectively in the office and perform field inspections of geotechnical investigations and construction projects, if necessary. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer license, preferably in California;
- 2 to 5 years of related geotechnical experience; California experience is strongly desired;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training (preferred);
- Radiation Safety training for use of a nuclear density gauge (preferred);
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 2 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection experience;
- Desired field experience in: driven and drilled pile construction, pile load testing, footing and slab subgrade preparation, backfill inspection, ground improvement, pavement placement, and excavation support construction;
- Experience in assisting project manager with field work coordination and preparation of technical specifications and geotechnical reports a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours to meet project timelines. Must be able to work outside for long periods of time;
- Field experience with ability to travel to job sites in remote locations; and
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment where schedule, timeliness, and attention to detail are top priorities.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer