Geotechnical Engineer – 3 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 32183||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 06/24/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineer with 3 to 10 years of related geotechnical experience in our San Francisco, CA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: actively participating in the technical advancement of the state of the practice for the geotechnical group, performing engineering analyses for complex geotechnical problems, assisting in the interpretation of subsurface data, use of advanced geotechnical computer software (including finite element and finite difference), assisting in development of site-specific ground motions, planning and execution of field investigations, field and laboratory testing programs, boring logs, and developing geotechnical conclusions and recommendations for projects. You will also be responsible for performing both routine and complex geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of proposals for geotechnical engineering services including development of scope, fee estimate and schedule, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and plans and technical specifications for contract document packages.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering required; Doctorate degree (PhD) in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred;
- FE/EIT certification required; California Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain within 1 year;
- 3 to 10 years of related geotechnical experience;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 1 year of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience;
- Working knowledge of the following software: Slide/SLOPE/W, PLAXIS (2D and 3D), Midas GTS NX, FLAC, LPILE, GRLWEAP, SHAKE, DEEPSOIL, MatLab;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires working Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer