Geotechnical Engineer – 4 to 8 Years Experience
|ID: 31125||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 06/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer with 4 to 8 years of related experience at our Parsippany, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in the heavy civil, residential, and retail/warehouse markets. You will assist with staff training and project coordination, client interaction, preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidate must be able to work effectively in the office and perform field inspections of geotechnical investigations and construction projects, if necessary. Experience with mass earthwork projects preferred. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Possess Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain within 1 year strongly desired;
- 4 to 8 years of related geotechnical experience;
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspections;
- Office experience with investigation and field work coordination, geotechnical reports, and specification writing;
- Desired field experience in: earthwork, driven and drilled pile construction, load testing, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, ground improvements, retaining wall design and construction, and excavation support system design and inspection;
- Desired software knowledge: gINT, Slide/SLOPE/W, PLAXIS, LPILE, GRLWEAP, MSEW, SHAKE;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Some field work is required;
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer