Geotechnical Engineer – 5 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 32005||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer with 5 to 10 years of related experience at our Los Angeles, CA office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in office, residential, and retail/warehouse markets. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer license, preferably a California PE license;
- 5 to 10 years of related Geotechnical experience; California experience is strongly desired;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred;
- Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations; writing proposals; running/coordinating projects; managing clients; managing billings; and reviewing the work of staff and mentoring staff;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience including: mass grading, deep foundations, subgrade for footings, ground improvement, and excavation support including tieback installation and testing;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multi-tasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Candidate must be able to log borings and perform observation during construction projects;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites or attend client meetings and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Local candidates preferred.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer