Geotechnical Engineers – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 32525||Location: Miami, FL|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for a Geotechnical Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience at our Miami, FL office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale geotechnical projects. You will assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidates must be able to perform field inspections of geotechnical and foundation projects. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical specialty is preferred;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Prior related internship(s) experience is desired;
- Bilingual (written and verbal) English/Spanish communication skills strongly preferred, but not required;
- Willingness and availability to travel and work for projects throughout the U.S. and in South America on short to medium duration assignments;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Field experience with construction monitoring is preferred, but not required;
- Must be willing to spend at least 75 percent of their time working in the field;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Relocation assistance not provided.
Please submit resume, cover letter and transcripts when applying.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer