Geotechnical, GeoEnvironmental, Environmental Engineer or Scientist – 4 to 8 Years Experience
|ID: 31862||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical, GeoEnvironmental, or Environmental Engineer or Scientist with 4 to 8 years of related environmental and geotechnical experience in our Parsippany, NJ office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting with management and coordination of project tasks; preparing reports, work plans, remedial strategies; project related office and occasional field work; evaluating site data and preparing investigative scopes of work, data management and interpretation; working with regulators; and performing soil, groundwater, environmental investigations and development of conceptual site models. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Science or related field required. Master’s degree in Geotechnical, GeoEnvironmental or Environmental Engineering or Science preferred;
- 4 to 8 years of related GeoEnvironmental experience related to site investigations and remediation projects;
- Knowledge of New York and New Jersey environmental regulations (NYSDEC/NJDEP) preferred. Knowledge of Massachusetts environmental regulations a plus but not required;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing and field work coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Experience with in situ and ex situ remediation strategies preferred;
- Experience with geotechnical field investigations and reporting desired;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Experience with AutoCAD, GIS modeling and other mapping software preferred;
- Candidates must be able to work in the office and the field as necessary;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel overnight if necessary; and,
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer