GIS Solutions Engineer – 1 to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 32461||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: GIS||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a GIS Solutions Engineer with 1 to 3 years of experience in our Parsippany, NJ office to develop applications for our growing base of web, mobile, and desktop environments.
- Design and create intuitive user interfaces for tools, web and mobile apps, and dashboards;
- Build slick data visualizations including map data, dashboards, and reports;
- Work with Esri Configurable Apps – Web AppBuilder, Operations Dashboard, Story Maps;
- Support Langan’s mobile initiatives through responsive design and Esri’s Field apps;
- Solve problems by creating and proposing technical solutions;
- Stay current on the latest technologies and industry best practices; and
- Promote the GIS team throughout Langan by giving demos, presentations and training to technical and non-technical users.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline is required (Master’s degree a plus);
- Solid foundational knowledge of web technologies/concepts; HTML5, CSS, REST, ES6+, etc.;
- Understanding of modern development tools such as version control, NodeJS/NPM, debugging, virtual environments, build systems, unit testing frameworks;
- Experience developing responsive and mobile-ready web applications using React;
- Proactive and comprehensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated learner who continually keeps up to date with new technology;
- Experience with Esri products, 10.x or higher including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise and Configurable Apps;
- UXD is a plus;
- Other languages such as Python, C#, and QT are a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- High caliber of self-motivation with the ability to work well within groups;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Works efficiently and produces accurate and thorough work; and
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer