Hazardous Building Materials Professional – 1 to 6 Years Experience
|ID: 32124||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan has an immediate opening for a Hazardous Building Materials Professional with 1 to 6 years of experience specializing in asbestos, lead based paint and PCB work in our New Haven, CT office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with experience in performing hazardous building materials surveys and abatement monitoring, including but not limited to asbestos, lead, PCBs, mercury, and mold. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and entrepreneurial mindset is essential. The ideal candidate will be provided an opportunity for tangible career growth as we continue to build this rapidly growing practice group.
What can Langan offer you?
- The opportunity to help build a successful, and rapidly growing HBM practice, with opportunities to cross-train in environmental, geotechnical, and surveying disciplines.
- Langan has, and will continue to invest substantially in our employees. Some examples include:
- Newly remodeled offices to provide our employees with beautiful work spaces and cutting edge technology.
- We make it a priority to provide our employees with all of the tools necessary to accomplish the job effectively and efficiently. Much of our HBM equipment is less than two years old, and we make new equipment purchases regularly.
- We provide extensive training programs, both internally and with external consultants.
- The latest in mobile technology, providing our employees with easy access to effectively complete their assignments remotely, when needed.
- All of our staff are reimbursed for business related travel and expenses, beyond their daily commute, on a bi-weekly basis.
- YEAR END BONUS PROGRAM – Langan’s Success is Shared with our Employees!
- As a Langan employee you will receive a benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral ; educational reimbursement; and much more!
WE EXIST TO HELP GROW YOUR CAREER. IF YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE, LANGAN MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Science related field preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year of related hazardous building materials survey and abatement/remediation monitoring experience (asbestos, lead based paint and PCB experience is essential);
- Thorough understanding of Connecticut and Federal (MA, NY considered a plus) asbestos, lead, and PCB regulations/guidelines including: design protocols, survey requirements, abatement monitoring requirements and reporting;
- Required Licenses/Certifications:
- State of CT DPH Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor
- State of CT DPH Licensed Lead Inspector
- Related licenses in other states (MA, NY, NJ, etc.) and additional CT licenses (Lead Risk Assessor, Asbestos Designer) are considered a plus;
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, drawings and plans, hazardous materials survey reports;
- Experience performing surveys and project monitoring of environmental and building abatement projects relating to asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs and other hazardous building materials;
- Experience with proposal writing, abatement/remediation estimates, report writing, and specifications is considered a plus;
- Proficient using Microsoft Office;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and flexibility and ability to work normal business hours as well as off hours;
- Ability to multi-task with field and office work; and
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer