Hazardous Building Materials Professional – 8+ Years Experience
|ID: 32297||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate opening for a Hazardous Building Materials Professional with 8+ years of experience specializing in asbestos, lead based paint and PCB work in our New Haven, CT office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with experience in performing hazardous building materials surveys and abatement monitoring, including but not limited to asbestos, lead, PCBs, mercury, and mold. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and entrepreneurial mindset is essential. The ideal candidate will also have the desire to help first hand with building a rapidly growing practice group.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Science related field preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of related hazardous building materials survey and abatement/remediation monitoring experience (asbestos, lead based paint and PCB experience is essential);
- Thorough understanding of Connecticut and Federal (MA, NY considered a plus) asbestos, lead, and PCB regulations/guidelines including: design protocols, survey requirements, abatement monitoring requirements and reporting;
- Required Licenses/Certifications:
- State of CT DPH Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor
- State of CT DPH Licensed Lead Inspector
- Related licenses in other states (MA, NY, NJ, etc) and additional CT licenses (Lead Risk Assessor, Asbestos Designer) are considered a plus
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, drawings and plans, hazardous materials survey reports;
- Experience performing surveys and project monitoring of environmental and building abatement projects relating to asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs and other hazardous building materials;
- Experience with proposal writing, abatement/remediation estimates, report writing, and specifications;
- Proficient using Microsoft Office;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; flexibility and ability to work normal business hours as well as off hours;
- Ability to multi-task with field and office work; and
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer