Human Health Risk Assessor – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 34621||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has a unique opportunity for a Human Health Risk Assessor with 10+ Years Experience. This position can be based in any of our California offices or in our Seattle, WA office. This role is an opportunity to provide technical expertise for human health risk assessment across the firm, develop technical approaches, interact with regulatory agencies, and network externally. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in toxicology and human health risk assessment.
- Act as the primary representative/liaison for human health risk assessment firmwide;
- Perform data evaluation, exposure and toxicity assessment, and risk characterization for sites governed under State programs and USEPA RCRA and CERCLA programs;
- Interact with various groups within the company to direct and develop report deliverables;
- Advocate technical positions on behalf of the client;
- Write technical reports summarizing risk assessment procedures and results;
- Perform statistical evaluations, including derivation of EPCs, BTVs, hypothesis and outlier testing;
- Perform fate and transport modeling; and
- Review and interpret toxicity information, regulatory guidance documents, and associated regulations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, toxicology, chemistry or related scientific field required;
- 10 or more years of experience in risk assessment with prior professional experience within an environmental consulting firm;
- Knowledge of West Coast regulatory protocols;
- Knowledge of PFAS/PFOS and emerging contaminants chemistry and assessment;
- Experience working with CA RWQCB, DTSC and USEPA a plus;
- Knowledge of MA MCP risk-based decision making a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and statistical programs such as ProUCL;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills, excellent writing and quantitative skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure within tight schedules; and
- Ability to travel to project sites, as needed.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer