Human Health Risk Assessor – 6 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 32032||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Human Health Risk Assessor with 6 to 10 years of experience in our Los Angeles or Santa Barbara, CA office. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in toxicology and human health risk assessment. Candidates must have excellent writing and quantitative skills, be knowledgeable in regulatory program requirements, and have the ability to work autonomously. The successful candidate will expand the technical expertise of the risk assessment team, develop technical approaches, interact with regulatory agencies, and network externally.
- Assist in data evaluation, exposure and toxicity assessment, and risk characterization for sites governed under State programs and USEPA RCRA and CERCLA programs;
- Write technical reports summarizing risk assessment procedures and results;
- Interact with various groups within the company to direct and develop report deliverables;
- Perform statistical evaluations, including derivation of EPCs, BTVs, hypothesis and outlier testing;
- Perform fate and transport modeling;
- Advocate technical positions on behalf of the client; and
- Review and interpret toxicity information, regulatory guidance documents, and associated regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, toxicology, chemistry or related scientific field;
- Prior professional experience within an environmental consulting firm;
- Experience working with RWQCB, DTSC and USEPA a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and statistical programs such as ProUCL;
- Ability to travel to project sites, as needed;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure within tight schedules.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer