Human Resource Assistant – 1+ Years Experience
|ID: 32257||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 08/05/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Human Resource Assistant for our New York, NY office. This individual will assist the Human Resources Department with general support of various activities, including supporting the new hire experience, tracking and processing paperwork, and general human resource programs and policies.
- Generate new hire paperwork, as well as, employee status change notifications for the New York and CT offices; ensure efficient processing of transactions.
- Interface with New York office management to provide recruiting support consistent with business and office needs. Schedule phone and on-site interviews. Conduct reference checks.
- Collaborate with the HR team in conducting new hire orientation meetings for the New York and CT offices, including overview of company policies and procedures, culture, core values, and benefit plans.
- Collaborate with HR Manager to provide support services to local leadership regarding employee lifecycle programs and processes.
- Interact with employees and management communicating Human Resource policies, programs, procedures, and government regulations.
- Maintain office bulletin boards ensuring up-dated federal and state employment law postings. Keep office boards current with company and office news, events and information.
- Collaborate with members of the Corporate Human Resources Department on projects, programs and day-to-day initiatives and activities.
- Participate in New York office community service events and task forces.
- Assist the HR Manager with on-going programs and projects.
- Remain current on federal, state and local employment law.
- Arrange for temporary staff on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors Degree, coursework relating to HR a plus;
- Must have 1 year of office experience or 1 year in an HR department (preferred);
- Possess a high caliber of self-motivation;
- Superior interpersonal skills and positive demeanor;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- High level attention to detail and organization;
- Sound judgment capability;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent customer service and diplomacy skills;
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; HR database programs a plus; and
- SharePoint and Electronic File Management experience a plus.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer