Human Resource Manager – 5+ Years Experience
|ID: 32301||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Human Resource Manager with 5+ years of experience to be based in our Parsippany, NJ office. This individual will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will provide comprehensive human resource services to the NJ offices, including staffing, performance management, employee relations, training and development opportunities, and policy and procedure administration. The individual will be responsible for managing human resource projects and initiatives on an on-going basis.
- Provide HR business partner services to local leadership regarding employee lifecycle programs and processes;
- Collaborate with management on identifying effective recruitment and retention strategies;
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for technical and non-technical positions; understand staffing needs, develop job postings, source and interview candidates, provide selection recommendations, prepare and present offer letters;
- Partner with managers on employee relations matters, performance management, and staff development;
- Administer onboarding and exit processes for respective office locations, track trends, and make recommendations for change;
- Supervise the HR Assistant including coaching, performance management, training, and mentoring for career development; and
- Assist the Chief Human Resource Officer with on-going projects and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Coursework relating to Human Resources (HR) or HR certification a plus;
- Minimum of five years of HR work experience with prior experience in Human Resource Management;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintains a professional demeanor at all times;
- Ability to motivate others and help foster a positive work environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High caliber of self-motivation with the ability to work well within groups;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Works efficiently and produces accurate and thorough work;
- Sound judgment capability;
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Applicant Tracking System software.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer