Human Resource Manager – 5+ Years Experience
|ID: 31801||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 12/19/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Human Resource Manager – 5+ Years Experience to be based in our New York City office. The individual will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will provide comprehensive human resource services to the New York City, White Plains, NY, and New Haven, CT offices, including staffing, performance management, employee relations, communication, and policy and procedure administration. The individual will be responsible for managing human resource projects and initiatives on an on-going basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Coursework relating to Human Resources (HR) or HR certification a plus;
- Minimum of five years work experience in Human Resources;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor;
- Ability to motivate others and foster a positive environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High caliber of self-motivation with the ability to work well within groups;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail; work must be accurate and thorough;
- Sound judgment capability;
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information; and,
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Applicant Tracking System software;
- Interface with management to understand and provide staffing support consistent with business needs;
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for technical and non-technical positions; understand staffing needs, develop job postings, source and interview candidates, provide selection recommendations, prepare and present offer letters, generate new hire paperwork, and conduct employment reference checks;
- Partner with managers on employee relations matters, performance management, and staff development;
- Administer onboarding and exit processes, track trends, and make recommendations for change;
- Maximize social media communications;
- Administer employee status changes and paperwork;
- Supervise the HR Assistant including coaching, performance management, training, and mentoring for career development;
- Assist the HR Team with on-going projects and programs; and,
- Working knowledge of HR database programs a plus.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer