Network Administrator – 2 + Years Experience
|ID: 32080||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 08/08/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is growing and has an opening for a Systems Administrator with 2+ years of experience in our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Firm’s LAN/WAN infrastructure, telephony, video and server environments throughout the firm. The role will proactively monitor the reliability and performance of network infrastructure, diagnose and repair problems.
- Ensure the reliability and performance of network infrastructure by providing administration of Cisco routers and switches, firewalls (ASAs), IPT (Cisco Call Manager), multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs;
- Apply system analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications; design, develop, test or modify computer systems, programs and/or networks based on user design or specifications;
- Install, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Cisco LAN/WAN hardware and Microsoft Windows Server operating system;
- Maintain LAN/WAN, telephone, video and server environments throughout the firm;
- Proactively monitor the reliability and performance of network infrastructure to ensure security and availability to users; analyze and isolate issues;
- Create and maintain documentation of physical and logical networks;
- Administer VMWare environment including, but not limited to: deploying virtual servers, monitoring server performance, and Horizon View;
- Administer NetApp environment by creating, modifying, or deleting volumes, LUNs, Snapshots, and replication;
- Oversee firm-wide tape backups; and
- Provide support for special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar discipline required;
- 2 years of work related experience in both Cisco and Microsoft infrastructures;
- Hands-on experience in the administration of Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, IPT, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs;
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems;
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards;
- Experience with VMWare and Storage platforms, Microsoft Unified Messaging and Polycom audio and video conferencing a plus;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Possession of a driver’s license in good standing and reliable access to transportation for travel to branch office locations;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with ability to be on-call, and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer