Network Engineer – 5+ Years Experience
|ID: 34604||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Network Engineer (LAN/WAN Specialist) – 5+ Years Experience in our Corporate Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will provide the ongoing management, maintenance and support of the various LAN and WAN and telephony environments throughout the firm. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for proactively monitoring the reliability and performance of network infrastructure, and for diagnosing and repairing problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies or similar discipline required; equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years network engineering experience using Cisco technologies with demonstrated experience in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration, and administration of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls (ASAs), IPT, wireless controllers, multi-segment networks, SD-WAN and MPLS WANs;
- Prior working experience with Meraki firewalls, switches and access points;
- Ability to scope, architect and implement new LAN/WAN environments from the ground up;
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Cisco LAN/WAN hardware;
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems;
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards;
- Exceptional organization skills, strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving;
- Excellent technical writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager strongly preferred;
- Network security experience strongly preferred;
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/SQL, Microsoft UM, Polycom, VMWare a plus;
- Knowledge of Windows Server management a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with vendors and clients;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound judgment capability;
- Physical activity, including lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds); and
- Ability to work on special projects after hours and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer