Part-Time Field Inspector
|ID: 32298||Location: White Plains, NY|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 09/10/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a part-time hourly Inspector in our White Plains, NY office. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: infrastructure, erosion, and sediment control inspections, construction shop drawings and cut sheets reviews, construction team coordination, and other responsibilities. In addition, possession of a professional demeanor , self-motivation, and effective communication are essential.
- Inspect infrastructure, including but not limited to: paving operations, sanitary sewer mains, water main, and stormwater piping basins;
- Conduct Erosion and Sediment Control Inspections;
- Review construction shop drawings and cut sheets;
- Review project requisitions;
- Coordinate with the construction team for inspections or other engineering deliverables; and
- Review and respond to requests for information or obtain information from appropriate engineering staff.
- Proven field inspection experience;
- Must have NYSDEC approved course;
- Must have NYSERDA / BPI Certification;
- Thorough understanding of construction documents, contractor submittals, and contracts;
- Sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and managers;
- Good writing skills for comprehensive inspection reports, etc;
- Self-motivated and responsible individual;
- Attend project construction meetings, as needed;
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as in a group;
- Must be willing to spend up to 100% of work hours in the field;
- Availability to work overtime; and
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer