Project Surveyor – 12+ Years Experience
|ID: 34185||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 06/25/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opportunity for a Surveyor/Project Manager – 12+ Years Experience to launch our survey practice in California. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for managing, leading, and growing all aspects of a new regional survey department; applying intensive and diversified knowledge of surveying principles and practices within broad assignments; managing and mentoring staff; developing new clients and business opportunities; performing and coordinating the planning, reduction of data and production of deliverables for a diverse range of surveying projects related to land development.
- Establish and grow survey department in the Bay Area;
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships;
- Interview, hire, manage, develop, and mentor survey personnel;
- Establish work plan, staffing requirements for projects and maintain quality control;
- Coordinate with other survey groups throughout the firm on project work;
- Write proposals, project scopes, prepare estimates and project budgets and reports;
- Actively participate in client and regulatory meetings; and,
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- The ideal hire will possess a minimum of 12 years of surveying and management experience including boundary, topography, utility, and/or architectural surveys;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Positive team mentality to work within a busy multi-discipline environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying is preferred but not required;
- Professional Land Surveyor licensure in California is required;
- Willingness to learn how to be successful in business development, marketing, and networking;
- Expert in all aspects of the land surveying practice;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage staff, maintain quality control, interact with senior managers of the firm, clients and regulatory authorities;
- Proven experience in proposal preparation, contract negotiations, job estimates, project management and managing budgets;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software, Leica Cloudworx, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Willingness to work in the field and office;
- Ability to operate field equipment including Total Stations, Data Collectors, Laser Scanners and GPS, etc.;
- Valid driver’s license; and,
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer