Project Surveyor – 5 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 36181||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 02/09/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
If you’re a highly motivated self-starter who wants to join a firm that pushes the boundaries of innovation in geospatial sciences, then Langan is the place for you! Our award-winning, 1200+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art of science and mapping. Langan has an opening for a Project Surveyor – 5 to 10 Years Experience for our Philadelphia, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on small and large-scale land development projects including but not limited to commercial, big box, power centers, and residential properties.
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of surveying and advanced mathematics;
- Remain current on surveying practices, guidelines, and best practices; attend internal training and external lectures to expand knowledge and skills;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed;
- Assist with office tasks including, but not limited to CAD drafting, data download, deed and map research, and filing;
- As necessary, collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- As necessary, assist in recovery of survey control and monumentation, construction layout, obtaining invert and subsurface utility information, and photo documentation of the project area.
- Minimum 5 years survey experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred);
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software and excellent computer skills;
- Ability to perform complex boundary analysis and maintain quality control of survey deliverables;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with various levels and types of management, staff, co-workers, and clients;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field when necessary; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.