Senior Accounting Manager – 8+ Years Experience
|ID: 32252||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Accounting||Posted Date: 07/30/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Senior Accounting Manager in our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. As the successful candidate, you will provide day to day Accounting services including oversight of journal entries, account analysis, bank reconciliations, payroll operations, assistance with compiling operational financial reports, and daily cash management.
- Maintain the general ledger and promote accounting practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Oversight and assistance with the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closes, including monthly financial packages and compilation of quarterly contribution report;
- Lead the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets;
- Responsible for the management of the annual financial audit, working closely with the external auditors to ensure the field work is completed and financial statements are finalized timely;
- Assist with managing the Payroll, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams; and
- Coach and supervise senior and staff accountants including conducting performance review meetings, providing performance feedback and recommendations for improvement, and mentoring for professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or MBA preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in an accounting department, with 3+ years in a management role;
- Knowledge of monthly accounting close procedures, financial reporting, compilation of budgets, and internal controls;
- Experience managing a team of professionals;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, Internet research, and knowledge of Deltek Vision software or SAP preferred.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer