Senior Environmental Project Manager – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 32022||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening in our New Haven, CT office for a Senior Environmental Project Manager with 10+ years of relevant experience and a technical background as a Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Engineer or Environmental Scientist. The successful candidate will have substantial experience managing and performing environmental site assessment, remediation, and brownfield redevelopment projects throughout the northeast. A strong technical background, ability to think strategically, in-depth knowledge of regulations governing site assessment and remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations, is essential. Strong communication and writing skills and proven leadership ability are also desired. Prior experience on challenging, multi-disciplinary brownfield redevelopment projects is an added value. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing day to day technical operations of the environmental group (reporting directly to a Vice President), managing projects (including proposals, cost estimates, schedules, budgets, invoicing, etc.), managing, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, preparing work plans and reports, ensuring quality, and interacting with clients and executive level management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering/Science or related; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 10 years of related experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects in the northeast (specifically Connecticut and Massachusetts);
- Professional licensing a must (one of the following: P.E., L.E.P, or L.S.P);
- Experience working on state/federally funded brownfield redevelopment projects;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of CT/MA and federal environmental regulations;
- Track record of successfully managing and communicating effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Ability to identify opportunities and develop new clients is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and a commitment to safety;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; and
- Availability to work overtime.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer