Senior Environmental Project Manager – 12+ Years Experience
|ID: 34230||Location: Lawrenceville, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Senior Environmental Project Manager – 12+ Years Experience in our Lawrenceville, NJ office. The successful candidate will be a proven seller-doer capable of contributing to the growth of our environmental practice. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for engaging in business development and for managing environmental investigation and remediation projects in New Jersey. A strong technical background and the ability to interpret and apply environmental regulations is essential. Prior remediation experience on fast-paced, multi-disciplinary brownfield redevelopment projects is strongly preferred. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering technically excellent services, developing new clients and business opportunities, preparing technical proposals and reports, managing client relationships, conducting environmental research and analyses, supervising field investigations, and managing staff.
- Concurrently manage multiple environmental investigation and remediation projects and clients. Monitor and achieve project budgets, schedules, and project timelines;
- Develop new clients and business opportunities. Prepare proposals, develop additional work within existing projects and attend business development meetings with new and existing clients. Participate in contractual negotiations under the direction of Associate, Senior Associate or Principal;
- Lead the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, and designs for projects;
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering projects;
- Prepare draft invoices, project billings, and assist in payment collections;
- Apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations or devise new approaches to problems;
- Demonstrate competency in areas of supervision and project management and participate in internal and external project management training;
- Provide technical guidance to projects and employees within own discipline; provide final technical review of calculations, analyses and project reports. Lead the development of strategies and designs for meeting client objectives and carrying out projects;
- Responsible for developing existing and potential clients and attending business meetings;
- Interact extensively and build strong relationships with client, contractor and subcontractor representatives. Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs; and
- Manage, train and develop environmental staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or Environmental Engineering (Master’s degree a plus);
- 12+ years of related experience with environmental investigations, assessments, and remediation projects in New Jersey;
- LSRP license a plus;
- Expert-level knowledge and understanding of NJDEP Site Remediation regulations and guidance;
- Proficient in environmental due diligence;
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and technical analyses;
- Proven seller-doer capable of developing new clients and business opportunities;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, manage multiple projects and clients, develop and manage project budgets, and effectively manage and coach staff;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as projects require; and
- Ability to travel and spend time at a job site or client location.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer