Senior Environmental Project Manager – 8+ Years Experience
|ID: 34143||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Senior Environmental Project Manager – 8+ Years Experience with a technical background as a Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Engineer or Environmental Scientist in our Cleveland, OH office. The successful candidate will have substantial experience selling, managing and performing environmental site remediation and brownfield redevelopment projects in Ohio. A strong technical background, ability to think strategically, in-depth knowledge of regulations governing site remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations are essential. Strong communication and writing skills and proven leadership ability to function as a seller/doer are also required. Prior remediation experience on challenging, multi-disciplinary brownfield redevelopment projects is an added value. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing clients, recruiting and training staff, managing projects (including proposals, cost estimates, schedules, budgets, invoicing, etc.), guiding and reviewing the work of staff, performing environmental due diligence assessments, preparing work plans and reports, ensuring quality, and interacting with clients and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering/Science or related; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 8 years of related Ohio experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Professional licensure, including as a minimum a Certified Professional (CP) under the Voluntary Action Program (VAP);
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Ohio EPA, CERCLA, and RCRA regulations;
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients, and managers;
- Ability to identify opportunities and develop new clients;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and a commitment to safety;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; and
- Availability to work overtime.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer