Site/Civil Engineer – 2 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 32622||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/02/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Site/Civil Engineer with 2 to 5 years of land development experience in our Philadelphia, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will be working directly with Project Managers and land development team members in designing commercial, residential, industrial, higher-education, healthcare and other exciting land development projects both locally, nationally and internationally. An energetic, entrepreneurial and professional demeanor is essential to this position. Strong technical and communication skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering;
- Knowledge of local city, county and state land-use processes and regulations;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D with the ability to design land development plans from concept through completion;
- Proficient in site, stormwater management, storm conveyance, grading, earthwork calculations, utility design and erosion and sediment control design;
- Proficiency with hydraulic and hydrological calculations to support land development design projects;
- Practical field experience, especially in construction observation, geotechnical testing and land surveying, is a plus;
- Experience with stormwater design and permitting processes including PWD and PADEP NPDES requirements;
- Ability to occasionally support other discipline projects including roadway improvement design, environmental, geotechnical, and oil and gas;
- Active participation in local professional organizations a plus;
- Ability to occasionally work on field assignments to support land development projects;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer