Site/Civil Engineer – 6 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 33621||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 01/17/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer – 6 to 10 Years Experience in our Houston, TX office. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for performing and coordinating the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects, and coaching, training, and overseeing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- Professional Engineer licensure in Texas;
- 6 to 10 years of related experience in site development and site engineering including:
- Demonstrated AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion;
- Design storm sewer, on-site detention and sewer connections systems;
- Grading, drainage design, and right-of-way development plans (including sidewalk and roadway alignments);
- Creating construction documents/reports, cost estimates, and experience performing construction oversight;
- Manage budgets, coordinate with architects, mechanical and plumbing engineers, contractors and utility companies to ensure design accuracy;
- Feasibility of flood protection measures required to flood proof areas according to data obtained from FEMA maps; and
- Preparing and submitting permit application design documents to regulatory authorities.
- Willingness to learn and participate in client development and client management;
- Strong technical skills, analytical ability and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Excellent communication and management skills;
- Willingness to assist in other technical disciplines when required; and
- Experience with multiple markets to include industrial warehouse, commercial/retail, healthcare, multi family, etc.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer