Site/Civil Engineer – 7 to 12 Years Experience
|ID: 32189||Location: Boston, MA|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 06/24/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Site/Civil Engineer with 7 to 12 years of land development engineering experience in our Boston, MA office. As the successful candidate, you will design and assist with the management of projects, supervise staff engineers, and work with clients. You must possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, M.S. degree a plus;
- Possess valid Massachusetts (MA) Professional Engineer licensure;
- 7 to 12 years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering and permitting in Boston;
- Knowledge of local City and State land use entitlement processes and regulations;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to design and oversee site design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through design and permitting, and to completion;
- Ability to perform hydrologic/hydraulic analysis, stormwater management design, and related design including preparing NPDES permit applications;
- Desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining project workload;
- Effectively manage all aspects of projects from concept through completion;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- A collaborative team builder with excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Civil3D and AutoCAD; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer