Site/Civil Engineers – Multiple Levels – 3 to 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 31561||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/17/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Expanding Our Site/Civil Consulting Services
Langan has multiple opportunities for Project Managers and Staff Engineers with site/civil design experience with an emphasis on healthcare facilities. The openings are in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters. Candidates should have experience in site layout, grading, stormwater design, utility layouts, and other aspects of civil engineering related to site design. Experience with NJDEP permitting is desired but not required. Senior-level candidates should also have experience with testimony in front of municipal planning and zoning boards and maintain a PE license. Join us and work with collaborative, multi-disciplinary (geotechnical, environmental, etc.) project teams, assist with expanding our site/civil capabilities, and help grow the firm. Successful candidate(s) will work on both small and large-scale projects in the public and private sectors.
Langan provides an integrated mix of engineering and environmental consulting services in support of land development projects, corporate real estate portfolios, and the energy industry. The firm, which has nearly 1,100 employees in 26 U.S. offices and multiple international locations, brings measurable value to its diverse client base, which includes developers, property owners, corporations, healthcare, education, public agencies, and energy companies around the world.
With more than 125 LEED APs, the firm ranks among the top Design Firms by Engineering News-Record and has consistently ranked among the Best Engineering Firms to Work For by CE News. Connect with us on LinkedIn.com and Glassdoor.com to learn more about what makes Langan a Best Place to Work.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish. Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Various Jobs Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in New Jersey and New York. PE licenses in additional states desirable but not required. Candidates with less than 5 years of professional experience must have an Engineer in Training (EIT) certification;
- Minimum of 10 years (Project Managers) / 3 years (Staff Engineers) of site/civil land development experience;
- Proficiency in technical skills including site layout, stormwater management, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading, and other site development related designs from concept through construction documents;
- Knowledge of local city, county, and state land use entitlement processes and regulations;
- Experience with healthcare and commercial developments performing site due diligence, preparing land use permits, understanding of zoning laws, and presenting to municipal agencies;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion;
- Experience partnering with engineers, planners, architects, landscape architects, and other disciplines on site/civil projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer