Software Systems Engineer – 1 to 5 Years of Experience
|ID: 35382||Location: Phoenix, AZ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/03/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer with 1 to 5 years of related software implementation or management consulting experience in our Phoenix, AZ office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to: interviewing clients through workshops and group sessions to review current business processes and systems and guiding clients through the change management process, evaluating software systems, designing and enhancing software solutions, training system users, and coordinating system maintenance and related support activities.
- Provide support to develop and document system requirements;
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints;
- Provide support in breaking down business problems into solvable components by assessing the requirements and/or business implications to arrive at recommended solutions, with minimal supervision;
- Help execute the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs;
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to data analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge;
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and business partners on embedded cross functional teams and develop subject matter expertise in the business as well as systems engineering;
- Leverage “agile” software engineering for systems implementation;
- Promote an environment that supports innovation and process improvement;
- Participate in the development of project based research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data;
- Participate in the development of prototypes for business or research data solutions (dimensional models, model builds) so that business users or predictive modelers may visually understand and explore a new feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation; and
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meeting fluid and dynamic business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required; Master’s degree a plus;
- 1-5 years of experience in software implementations or management consulting (software certifications a plus);
- Experience in working in collaborative, virtual, and global work environment;
- Exceptional problem-diagnosis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with software engineering;
- Experience with designing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers to improve operating efficiencies;
- Experience creating offline-first progressive web apps;
- Experience in full-stack development;
- Experience in mobile application development a plus;
- Detailed working knowledge of software development lifecycle;
- Ability to write and work with RESTful APIs and data formats including JSON and XML;
- Awareness of multimedia EHS compliance;
- Ability to quickly develop a rapport with clients and maintain strong customer service skills and responsiveness to the client throughout the project;
- Ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekends and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer