Staff Surveyor – 2+ Years Experience
|ID: 33864||Location: Orlando, FL|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
If you’re a highly motivated self-starter who wants to push the boundaries of innovation in geospatial sciences, then Langan is the place for you! Our award-winning, 1000+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art and science of Surveying and mapping. Langan has an opening for a Staff Surveyor – 2+ Years Experience in our Orlando or Tampa, FL office locations. As the successful candidate, your main focus will be working on small and large-scale projects with a team preparing site or building information models and CAD deliverables. You will gain land surveying experience working with commercial, retail, and residential properties within the local region.
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Assist in recovery of survey control and monumentation, construction layout, obtaining invert and subsurface utility information, and photo documentation of the project area; and
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed.
- High School diploma or higher required; Bachelor’s degree in Surveying preferred;
- Experience in topographic, boundary, utility survey, construction layout, GPS;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations;
- Strong CAD and computer skills (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Terramodel, Carlson, etc.);
- Proficient mathematical ability;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Ability to travel to project sites and/or client locations, as required;
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Ability to participate in field work and work during evenings and/or weekends, when necessary.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer