Staff Surveyor/Field Technician – 4+ Years Experience
|ID: 32166||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
We are seeking a Staff Surveyor/Field Technician – 4+ Years Experience to work as a one or two person survey team in the Fairfield/Westchester County area based in our New Haven, CT office location. Successful candidates will have experience in topographic, boundary, utility surveys, construction layout and will be responsible for collecting field data and information related to the preparation of survey maps and CAD files. Surveyors will focus on small and large-scale land development projects including but not limited to commercial, big box, power centers and residential properties.
- High School Diploma is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred;
- Possess a minimum of four years of experience;
- Candidate would live in the Fairfield county area and dispatch from their home location to and from job sites, reporting to the New Haven, CT and/or White Plains, NY office at the start and finish of projects;
- Working knowledge of Robotic Total Stations, GPS, laser scanners;
- AutoCAD skills are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work with co-workers and managers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and nights.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer