Staff Surveyor/Party Chief – 4 to 6 Years Experience
|ID: 32207||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 06/25/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
We are seeking a Staff Surveyor with 4 to 6 years of experience in our Cleveland, OH office. The successful candidate will have well rounded experience in many areas of the surveying profession including conducting Boundary/ALTA Surveys, Topographic and Utility Surveys for land development projects, 3D laser scanning and registration, construction layout, and the Oil and Gas sector performing midstream and other Marcellus/Utica Basin related projects. The candidate will be responsible for collecting field data and information related to the preparation of survey maps and CAD files, processing that information, and drafting when needed. Surveyors will focus on small and large-scale land development projects including but not limited to: commercial, big box, power centers, residential properties, and midstream pipelines and facilities.
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Assist in recovery of survey control and monumentation, construction layout, obtaining invert and subsurface utility information, and photo documentation of the project area;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of surveying and advanced mathematics;
- Maintain survey equipment and initiate repairs when necessary;
- Remain current on surveying practices, guidelines, and best practices; attend internal training and external lectures to expand knowledge and skills;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed; and
- As necessary, assist with office tasks including but not limited to CAD drafting, data download, deed and map research, and filing.
- High school diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; undergraduate-level courses in Survey or related field a plus;
- 4 to 6 years of prior experience in topographic, boundary, and utility surveys and layout;
- Experience with Leica instruments and data collectors preferred but not required;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations;
- Proficiency in Carlson, AutoCAD, Cyclone or Civil 3D software a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with co-workers and managers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel overnight for select projects; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer