Staff Surveyors – 2+ Years Experience
|ID: 31223||Location: Miami, FL|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/17/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for Staff Surveyors with experience in existing conditions surveys and modeling/drafting to support our Miami and Ft. Lauderdale locations. As the successful candidate, your main focus will be working on small- and large-scale projects with a team preparing site or building information models and CAD deliverables. You will gain land surveying experience working with commercial, retail, and residential properties within the local region.
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- Complete office tasks including but not limited to CAD drafting, data download, data processing, deed and map research;
- Assist in project set up and execution;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of surveying and advanced mathematics;
- Maintain survey equipment and initiate repairs when necessary;
- Remain current on surveying practices, guidelines, and best practices; attend internal training and external lectures to expand knowledge and skills; and
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed.
- High School diploma or equivalent, undergraduate-level courses in Survey or related field a plus;
- A minimum of two years of land surveying related experience;
- A minimum of one year of related survey CAD drafting preferred;
- Proficiency in Carlson, Civil3D, or Revit, (or other survey CAD package) software preferred;
- Experience with Leica HDS Scanners, Cyclone, and CloudWorx preferred;
- Ability to work in both the field and office;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel overnight for select projects; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer