Survey Manager – 8+ Years Experience
|ID: 30761||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 04/10/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
If you’re a highly motivated self-starter who wants to push the boundaries of innovation in geospatial sciences, then Langan is the place for you! Our award-winning, 1000+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art of science and mapping.
Langan has an opening based in our New York, NY office for a Survey Manager (office-based role) to assist in leading the Survey team. As the successful candidate, you will work on small and large-scale projects firmwide.
Langan’s Survey group is versed in traditional survey methods, as well as cutting-edge technologies including 3D Laser Scanning, BIM, Drone, and GIS support. We provide services that combine technical knowledge, practical experience, and professional judgment in resolving surveying, mapping, and geospatial challenges.
- Lead the development of strategies and approaches for meeting client objectives, planning, implementation, data reduction, and successful completion of multiple projects;
- Prepare project data for field work, schedule field crews, review and process field data, perform adjustments and QA/QC of the raw field data;
- Provide staff training and implementation of new office and field software and technologies;
- Plan, schedule, and develop task and project budgets; prepare progress reports and project billings;
- Interview, supervise, mentor, and motivate staff; and
- Maintain existing client relationships as well as participate in business development activities with new and existing clients.
- Minimum 8 years surveying experience in both the field and office;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software and excellent computer skills;
- Ability to perform complex boundary analysis and maintain quality control of survey deliverables;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with various levels and types of management, staff, co-workers, and clients;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Proven ability to manage multiple staff to meet project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with proposal preparation and job estimates;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field when necessary; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer