Survey Technicians – Entry to 2 Years Experience
|ID: 31364||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 06/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
If you’re a highly motivated self-starter who wants to push the boundaries of innovation in geospatial sciences, then Langan is the place for you! Our award-winning, 1000+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art of science and mapping.
We are seeking Survey Technicians – Entry to 2 Years Experience in our Parsippany, NJ office location. As the successful candidate, you will have experience in topographic, boundary utility surveys, and layout. You will be responsible for assisting the Party Chief in collecting field data and information related to the preparation of survey maps and CAD files. Ideal candidates will have experience working with commercial, retail, and residential properties within the local region. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Assist in recovery of survey control and monumentation, construction layout, and photo documentation of the project area;
- Assist the survey crew in obtaining invert and subsurface utility information;
- Maintain survey equipment and initiate repairs when necessary;
- Remain current on surveying practices, guidelines, and best management practices; attend internal training and external lectures to expand knowledge and skills;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed; and,
- Assist with office tasks including, but not limited to, CAD drafting, data download, deed and map research, and filing.
- High school diploma;
- Entry to 2 years related experience in topographic, boundary, utility surveys, and layout;
- Experience with Leica/Topcon instruments and data collectors;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations;
- Proficiency in Civil 3D and/or Carlson software a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with co-workers and managers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel overnight for select projects; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer