Systems Engineer – 1 to 5 Years of Experience
|ID: 31964||Location: Phoenix, AZ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 03/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Systems Engineer with 1-5 years of related software implementation or management consulting experience. This position can be based in either Phoenix, AZ or any of Langan’s US locations. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to: interviewing clients through workshops and group sessions to review the current system and to identify inefficiencies; guide management through the change management process, evaluate EMIS software solutions, design and enhance software solutions, trains system users, coordinate maintenance and related support activities, develop project budgets and schedules, and performs task and project administrative activities; including preparing progress reports, invoices, and reviewing project billings. The successful candidate will also assist in preparing and delivering of client and other professional group presentations, and participate in client meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field required; Master’s degree a plus;
- 1-5 years of experience in software implementations or management consulting (software certifications a plus);
- Experience in working in collaborative, virtual, and global work environment;
- Experience with software engineering;
- Awareness of multimedia EHS compliance;
- Exceptional problem-diagnosis and problem-solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly develop a rapport with clients and maintain strong customer service skills and responsiveness to the client throughout the project;
- Ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge to client deliverables;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Approach work collaboratively and effectively share information;
- Ability to develop and manage multiple client projects and their budgets;
- Strong written and oral communication skills (organization, logic flow, grammar, clarity, appropriateness of word choice); can effectively organize, write, and edit draft proposals and reports and other documents;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekends and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer