Technical Lead, Application Development – 6+ Years Experience
|ID: 35031||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Technical Lead, Application Development – 6+ Years Experience in our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising assigned projects, providing technical guidance, and facilitating the technical solutions. The Technical Lead, Application Development will also develop software that supports strategic and innovative company initiatives.
- Design, code, test, implement, and support infrastructure as code software that is delivered on time and within budget;
- Lead planning processes for assigned projects;
- Create technical design specifications and assist in sizing technical requirements;
- Assist in defining development guidelines and standards to develop optimal solutions;
- Contribute to and review deployment plans and schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades, and fixes to the production environment;
- Ensure all applications are documented according to standards;
- Prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed;
- Perform code reviews for junior developers on the team;
- Collaborate with employees and management to identify application development solutions, new applications, or modifications to existing programs;
- Provide expertise to system users through training and troubleshooting of issues;
- Define systems work scope and recommend the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution;
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings and provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals;
- Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design;
- Assist management in evaluating the performance of staff developers;
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the firm; and,
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in object-oriented programming (VB.NET, Java or C#);
- Experience creating offline-first progressive web apps;
- Understanding of RESTful architecture;
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database is required;
- Proficient in SQL development (complex queries, stored procedures and user defined functions) and performance tuning is required;
- Full stack development experience;
- Experience in managing software development projects;
- Excellent knowledge of web application design and architecture;
- Proficiency in Agile/Scrum Methodology using DevOps;
- Experience guiding and coaching team members;
- Experience with presenting technical solutions to a non-technical audience;
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and effective communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of code requirements; and
- Ability to occasionally work during evenings and/or weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer