Traffic/Transportation Engineer – 6 to 10 Years of Experience
|ID: 35502||Location: Boston, MA|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 12/18/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening in our Boston office for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer with a focus on traffic impact studies, parking studies and traffic signal design. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing as well as working on traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles along with the ability to coach, train, and oversee staff. The candidate must possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, and strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree in Traffic/Transportation a plus;
- P.E. License;
- 6 – 10 years of Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with MA state permitting;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects;
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets;
- Effective public speaking skills; public testimony experience desirable;
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness to client needs;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage, coach, and train staff;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer