Traffic/Transportation Engineer – 6+ Years of Experience
|ID: 33521||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate opening in our New Haven office for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer with a focus on traffic impact studies, parking studies and traffic signal design. A successful candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles for conducting impact analyses and off-site improvement mitigation plans. The candidate must possess an energetic, entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, M.S. degree in Traffic/Transportation a plus;
- FE/EIT certification required. P.E. license strongly encouraged;
- Possess 6+ years of Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning experience related to development projects in Connecticut, experience in New England a plus;
- Knowledge of the CTDOT Office of the State Traffic Administration (OSTA) process and permitting regulations, as well as land use procedures;
- Demonstrated Highway Capacity Software (HCS) and Synchro/SimTraffic skills with the ability to conduct analysis from concept to completion;
- Proficiency with the methodologies of Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and Signal Warrant studies;
- Knowledge of simulation packages VISSIM and/or CORSIM a plus;
- Familiarity with the preparation of Off-Site Improvement Plans, Traffic Signal Plans and Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT)/Detour Plans;
- Familiarity with the preparation of parking studies, including Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Parking Generation and ULI Shared Parking methodologies;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment on multiple assignments.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer