Traffic/Transportation Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 34305||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 07/31/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience in our Pittsburgh, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have interest in working on traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects. This is a unique opportunity to learn all aspects of traffic & transportation engineering and planning. The successful candidate will perform field work; assist with calculations & analyses as well as preparing studies, technical reports, figures, and design plans. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and a desire to learn and grow is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required with Traffic/Transportation focus preferred;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- FE/EIT certification is preferred;
- Prior related internship experience is desired;
- Familiarity with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and SoftDesk civil software are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Availability to work overtime and on weekends as needed.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and academic transcripts with your submission.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer