Waterfront/Marine Engineer – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 32176||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Waterfront and Marine||Posted Date: 12/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Waterfront/Marine Engineer with 10+ years of experience to join us in our New York City office. The ideal candidate has land and waterfront development and marine experience. Join us and work with collaborative, multi-disciplinary (geotechnical, site/civil, environmental, etc.) project teams and assist with expanding our waterfront and marine capabilities. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects in the public and private sectors.
- Bachelors degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Marine Engineering, or related; Masters degree preferred;
- Possess Professional Engineer licensure in New York (PE licenses in additional states a plus);
- Possess at least 10 years of experience in project management, engineering design, permitting, inspections, and other waterfront engineering tasks;
- Project experience in ports, container terminals, piers/wharfs, and/or other maritime developments, resiliency projects, bulkheads, revetments, and other shoreline protection measures, fendering, scour protection, and various other marine/waterfront structures;
- Experience in partnering with engineers, planners, architects, landscape architects, attorneys and other disciplines on waterfront projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills; Able to multitask on multiple projects and make sound engineering judgments;
- Ability to effectively work independently, as a member of a team, or leading a team of professionals;
- Some field work will be required; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends and occasional travel nationally and internationally.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer