Human Health Risk Assessor
|ID: 34608||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/15/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has a unique opportunity for a Human Health Risk Assessor with 10+ Years Experience. This position can be based in any of our California offices or in our Seattle, WA office. This role is an opportunity to provide technical expertise for human health risk assessment across the firm, develop technical approaches, interact with regulatory agencies, and network externally. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in toxicology and human health risk assessment.
- Act as the primary representative/liaison for human health risk assessment firmwide;
- Perform data evaluation, exposure and toxicity assessment, and risk characterization for sites governed under State programs and USEPA RCRA and CERCLA programs;
- Interact with various groups within the company to direct and develop report deliverables;
- Advocate technical positions on behalf of the client;
- Write technical reports summarizing risk assessment procedures and results;
- Perform statistical evaluations, including derivation of EPCs, BTVs, hypothesis and outlier testing;
- Perform fate and transport modeling; and
- Review and interpret toxicity information, regulatory guidance documents, and associated regulations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, toxicology, chemistry or related scientific field required;
- 10 or more years of experience in risk assessment with prior professional experience within an environmental consulting firm;
- Knowledge of West Coast regulatory protocols;
- Knowledge of PFAS/PFOS and emerging contaminants chemistry and assessment;
- Experience working with CA RWQCB, DTSC and USEPA a plus;
- Knowledge of MA MCP risk-based decision making a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and statistical programs such as ProUCL;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills, excellent writing and quantitative skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure within tight schedules; and
- Ability to travel to project sites, as needed.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.