|ID: 35026||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer – 3 to 6 Years Experience in our Pittsburgh, PA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting with the planning and execution of field investigations, observation of complex foundation and earthwork construction activities, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, preparing boring logs, and performing engineering analyses and developing recommendations. You will be responsible for performing routine and complex geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and plans and technical specifications for contract document packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering, Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering (strongly preferred);
- Possess Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain within 1 year;
- 3 to 6 years of related geotechnical experience;
- A minimum of 2 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection experience preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.