Environmental Project Manager
|ID: 35601||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/21/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Project Manager – 10+ Years Experience in our Los Angeles, CA office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to conducting engineering research and analysis, as well as complex analyses of broader engineering and environmental projects. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing tasks and projects and preparing proposals, technical documents and reports. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing his/her own team and will mentor staff on technical engineering and environmental tasks. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, willingness to be a seller/doer and a professional demeanor are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- 10+ years of related environmental experience in Southern California with an understanding of oil and gas;
- Professional Engineer licensure in the State of California preferred;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of California environmental regulations, CERCLA and RCRA regulations;
- Strong client development abilities and proven record as a seller/doer;
- Experience leading/managing projects from concept through completion including, but not limited to preparation of proposals, reports, bid specifications and coordination of remediation planning and projects; client, project, staff and contractor management; budgets and billings; etc.;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification as some field work is required; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for job site locations and client meetings.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.